The need for an ubiquitous, agnostic parallel Internet
Posted on Tuesday, March 29th, 2011
- Independent – Not owned by an individual or corporate.
- Ever-on. Means it cannot be turned off like the Internet was, in Egypt.
- NSPOF – Means that it is formless and cannot be tampered with. Human compromises will not lead to network compromise.
This topic is a hot one on the net, especially at :
- Sharable – Link here.
- Darknet – Closed Filesharing Network – Link Here.
- Emergent By Design – Listing of 16+ networks.
I would like to welcome bloggers, thinkers, humanitarian organizations, funders etc to discuss the feasibility of this.
A Kenya-wide network that is untouchable. Emergency-use network that is accessible via phone Data, SMS, Universal USSD, Dedicated Terminals, Always-on WiFi and any other methods.
I am sure iHub can give us space for this.
What do you think?
Image Source : Here