I candidly remember when we were kids at campus in UoN. We used to always talk about people with money. Not small pocket change like 10 or 20 Million Kenya Shillings, but real cold scrilla. Everytime someone started talking about how rich s/he or someone else was, we asked, ‘Kwani yeye ni Cris Kirubi?’
That was the most common phrase in Campus, relating to a real definition of someone who has made it all by himself.
Typically, a good majority of Kenyans become ‘rich’ (By Kenyan definition of rich) by either stealing from the public, taking heavy bribes or doing drugs.
There are quite a few who have become real self-made billionaires through hard work, smart work, sheer passion and a never say die attitude.
Today, gentlemen, the few ladies in Kenya, my haters and my friends, I had the honor of meeting such a true success story. The one and only, DjCK.
As an entrepreneur, when such a figure avails 5 minutes to meet you, you are always advised to have all your selling points at your tongue-tips. You may never get the chance again. CK gave us 3 hours top pitch, and ohhh, pitch we did!
I was astonished and pleasantly surprised at how switched-on about technology DjCK was. Everything we said was well received and understood and he never shied to ask when he did not understand what the technology did, or where the money was.
We have met quite a number of people who think they are rich, other who are getting rich and some who are actually rich. I must confess that Humbleness, care-to-listen and the love and passion for technology was not a virtue any of them had. DjCK had these.
Mbugua and I were impressed and encouraged by the prospects of teamwork and collaboration and now, only the proverbial sky is the limit.
Like I said in previous posts and on various Zunguka and Facebook notes:
- It is only those who are awake that shall smell the coffee.
- There are millions of dollars to be made in East Africa and Kenya in Particular with the coming of the fiber.
- The ultimate synergy is the collaboration of old money and new ready-to-sell ideas/products.
- A million put on a development house in Kenya today, will be an easy million in a year (Kenya shillings input; USD output.)
- Doomed and the developers that develop for corporates and individual clients till now. The winner solutions are solutions for the masses.
- Doomed are the Kenya Millionaires who will FEAR to invest in technology for they shall soon be surpassed by time and their comrades.
Habari ndio hiyo.
Back to code.